It's not that hard is it?  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in ,

I think I am one of the easiest people to get along with for the most part. I am not openly friendly to strangers. I'm also actually much of an introvert. It takes a while for me to get comfortable with people to be able to communicate with them as plain ole me, but the process of the before and after is not that hard.

All the people who I get along GREAT with know me for who I am and what I stand for. I have a few rules that are basic to follow that builds my relationships with people. It's so simple that it seems that it's hard for some people to follow.

Respect me! This one is the KILLER. And seems to be the HARDEST one for people to pass. I don't get it. It's as simple as don't do things to me that you would not like me to do to you. Is that hard? But yet, people continue to just treat me with scant disrespect. I wouldn't mind it if I didn't make a concerted effort to show everyone around me respect, and not just because I want it back but I think people deserve it. And when you treat people a certain way it tells them they mean something to you.

Don't be fake with me. You see those folks who think they have to portray something else; someone who they're not to me, we not going to get along. People always assume that some people are only impressed by the "great" things they can do, or could have done, or have done, or a cousin who can have it done. I really don't care that your cousin is the top security guard at Zen and could slip you in. I am not impressed. It doesn't really count to me that your phone can tell you where to find the new Feragammo shirt. I don't care. I am not impressed that you say you can give me the world and you can't even use a dictionary. What impresses me? That my laptop can actually understand my handwritting.

Liars, stand back! I have this thing of saying, for the most part how I feel about things. I may not always say it, but I won't lie about it. And sometimes the lies not even good. Some people forget they lied about something 3 months ago, or they lie sloppy because they didnt take the time to think out all the avenues. I have the memory of an elephant for everything but my school work and my bank account information. I just sit and laugh at people who think they're lies passed the test. I don't ever call people out on their stuff.

Three simple areas. Actually sometimes the last two can become so secondary. The first one is soo improtant to me and that really tells me what I mean to people. And the people who I get along GREAT with are the ones who stand for the same thing and they show me all the respect that I show to them.

This entry was posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 8:43 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Rambles

Post a Comment