Dese dam Help Desks  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in ,

So my laptop has been cursed. Or is it me? I have had a problem with ALL computers I have had in my life. ALL. From Dell to Toshiba to HP. All. If is not one thing is the next. So I have this HP Pavillion called Chinyere. I got this laptop in March end. I had an initial problem with the CMOS and had to send it in for them to change the battery that controls that. I got it back and it would not turn on. I had to send it back. When it returned to me the technician forgot to re install the bluetooth. I got it back on Monday night and Tuesday morning after 2 hours of use it shuts down for itself. WTF!! I REFUSE to send this back to HP. Anyway, after it happened every few hours till now I decided to call them AGAIN.

I was hesitant to call in to HP for more than one reason. The main reason being how upset I was about the laptop. It has been really frustrating since I have to have one for school and have not been able to use it there since I got it. It has been quite a hamper to me doing school work. The next reason is that these dam companies have outsourced their help to INDIA. KNowing how pissed I am and knowing that these help desk employees (HPE) cannot tell the difference betweeon 8 and A, I know I would get even more angry and have to cuss and it would frustrate me even more when they ask me to spell it. Sigh. But I called because me staring at the computer shutting down while I wrote my 2nd page paper and not being able to save my work was quite frustrating.

I called today at 1.43 pm. Went through the process of selecting where I would be directed. Took me about 2 mins. So at 1.45pm I was in my section but on hold. At 2.15pm my call was picked up. I had to spell my name 10 times, give my serial number 15 times, give my email address (which is my name) 13 times. At 2.30pm We started the process of attempting to flash the hard drive. Oops... the laptop shuts down. 'What do you mean its off ma'am?" Ah remember the reason I said I called was because it shuts down unannounced? "Oh yea. Can you turn it back on?" Ah No... remember I told you when it shuts down it has to wait a bit before it turns back on. "Oh Yea". At 2.40 I turn the lappy back on and we go through the process again. Actually she started explaining again to me from the top, which would have made it shut down again, but I informed her I remembered what she said initially and I'm there now. We download the file to flash the drive, it goes through it's process the lappy restarts and "Oh, I think I made you download the wrong file" GTFOH!!! No seriously. What you really telling me? Steups. So we had to start over with another file.

That's done pc restarts and I look at the time 3.43pm. 2 Hours to download and install a flash file. Steups... It better not shut down again. I told her if it I was NOT sending my shit back to HP to fix. They would be coming to my dam house. I hope she got shit spelt right!!

Sigh!!!

This entry was posted on Friday, August 1, 2008 at 3:58 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 Rambles

girl I feel your pain wit dis one ... we have de same problem in Trini ... cuz TSTT outsource their help desk tuh de Indians too ... de same ones who doh understand nuttin yuh tellin dem ... and doh know dey arse from dey elbow .... my last dealins wit dem ... was just de odda day .... when meh BLINK wasn't blinkin no more .... it on meh blog ... cuz yuh know ah had tuh vent!!! :-)

August 14, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Post a Comment