Memories  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in , ,

My family made sure that we had a lot of these. They ensured that they created moments that we would remember and cherish for the rest of our lives. I assumed everyone had the same experience.

I remember our trips to Barbados with all the cousins and aunts. Trips to New Jersey. Our round the island trips packing everyone into the land rover with food and floating devices to spend the day. Our trips to Trinidad to shop for Christmas, for tennis tournaments, for dance classes. All or most fun times that were created and shaped who I am today. I assumed everyone had the same experience.

As I got older I started to create my own memories. I wanted to be able to sit back later and say oh remember when we did this? Laugh at "oh doh forget when we went to...". And I was able to for the most part. My tennis team in my early teens we created some great memories that we still talk about. Sliding on the terazzo with water and someone ending up in the hospital. Eating the nasty food from Petrotrin's Mess and getting food poisoning.

My dance buddies and I have an enormous vault of memories. Experiencing the Coup and staying right opposite the barracks in Long Circular. Being in port of spain and a vagrant taking away one of the girls drink. Rofl. Convincing a taxi on Charlotte Street to take 8 of us in his car to drop us off in Barataria. Missing a flight and our bags already on. Trips to St Vincent. Carnival memories in Port Of Spain. Dancing in stupid costumes. Falls, splits, tears, laughs.

My college friends. Road trips, Binges. House parties, Shopping trips. Cute boys, Not so cute boys. Stalkers. Bad break ups! Laughs, tears, depressions.

Memories with Boyfriends. Dinners, dates, movies, shopping trips, long nights, quiet nights, break ups. Boyfriends ending up in the hospital after attempting to cook and they got burnt. Walks on the beach. Bedrooms filled with candles

Things that I will hold in my mind for ever. Some good some bad. Some that will stand out more than others. Some that I will cherish for ever and some that I will rather quickly forget.

So when I interact with some people and they can't remember having done this or interested in doing that. Don't have any recollection of anything being done I sometimes wonder. Was it that they just didn't have a chance to do things, things weren't very memorable for them or that they just didn't care?

But memories are something that I want to continue making for myself and not just waiting to see what happens. So as I sit and reminisce today, here's to all the things that I have experienced and thank you to all the people who made them possible.

This entry was posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 at 10:51 AM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Rambles

Post a Comment