Back to the Grind!  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in , ,

I have officially decided that i HATE TO TRAVEL. I don't mind reaching to my destination but yuh see the process of flying... I HATE IT. Especially since the only direct you can get from Tobago to the US is really Caribbean Airlines, who I didn't fly with. So since I had decided to buy the ticket with American Airlines I had to fly to Trinidad before then go check in with American. Well Caribbean Airlines domestic have this way of leaving before they time. You book for a 10.50 and the flight leaving at 10.30. Yuh ass is grass if yuh late. In fact even if yuh on time yuh ass is grass cause dem early. Well I wasn't grass this time though and made it down to Trinidad early enough to be up in the line quick for American.

Well, humph. I dunno, every time I travel with AA i does cuss and say I not traveling with them again. And this time ent no different. So yuh get the point. The beast and dem decide that they must check in one person per hour..my gosh. And they soooo pleasant with it. Full smiles and nice attitudes and... Yea right. Rude and callous and ent have a flickin clue. But they check me in real quick and the police man who stop me for some shit .... look this *middle finger*.

I proceed to get something to eat now, cause you know that AA does NOT provide that anymore. Along with other things I am going to realise later. So I decide to get a sandwich from KFC. Steups... dat ent ready. What dem have ready at 11 am? Fry chicken alone!! Steups... I just take some popcorn chicken and fries stuff it in mi bag and head through security who couldn't figure out if that was really me or if the name Penze on my passport and Penze on my boarding pass was spelt the same way. Bout 10 minutes the man staring from one to the other. Oh lawd!!

Then this next police man want to look at my things. I say Mr., no disrespect eh, but ah next one down dey stop me. And askin me if I have a brother. Now you. Is wuh does make allyuh always stop me? He laugh and still tek me tings den tell me go ahead. Steups.

I take in some free internet in the waiting area and then we board. American is de dam worse. Not a blanket in site after the first 5 taken. And they have no more. No pillows either. The staff RUDE and RUDE. Their $5 sandwich small and they RUDE. Oh Lawd... good thing I slept most of the trip. And the flight was FREEZING!! But they had no blankets remember. So we reach to Miami and because AA has no good standing we kinda all the way on the end of the airport. So is walk and train and walk to get to immigration.

Now, once you know about me and you know the word immigration you should know the relationship. Well Miami International is the worse airport. Not just for the crowds and crowds of folks passing through at one time but for the dumb ass officers who probably are tired of dealing with exile people passing through. Anyway, so I know I blight and know I will have a big red flashing light over my head when I talk to the officer. Nothing new to me. Actually I walk up to the man already to tell him jsut take me inside and doh bother about the light, cause that is sooo embarrassing when the place full. But Mr. Doh Give a Rats Ass proceeds to process me and put on the light. That ent bad. He tells me to step aside because "light watchers" ent paying attention and taking too long to come get me. Steups. So I there for like 10 minutes and everybody watching me like "oh lawd, jail for she". Eventually Pedro takes me in with my documents and tells me to take a seat. I sit for 2 minutes then I hear, Renee you again!! It's my favourite officer Cumana. Now yes, it's sick. Why officers know me by name? The amount of times I have been pulled into that little room, which mind you was RAM when I went in last time, is ridiculous. Cumana tell me he fed up see me and the next time he will have to lock me up for wasting time. I inform him that is not me is Mr. Doh Give a...well yea. After 10 mins typing in the same note in there again to inform front officers NOT to pull me in and listening to a trini man nam Pakash tell dem he tekkin dem to court cause they discriminating against him because of his name, I was sent out AGAIN. But wait, I should get a lawyer too?? Anyway by the time I get downstairs my bags are already off (good thing). Now to deal with customs. Black officer or white officer? Arrgghh. White ones ask me bout rodi and iguanas, black ones just sends me to search. Arrggghh. I pick the black one today who sends me through. Thank God!!

Sigh. I tired by now. Miami International is hectic, but I reach and I reach safe. And thank God for that. So officially my holdiays are done and assignments done posted for classes for next week. Pressure!!!

This entry was posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 at 6:57 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 Rambles

Anonymous  

i feel sorry for u

July 21, 2008 at 10:23 PM

ah feelin yuh on dis one .... cuz plane and airport an ting .... eh my favourite either!!!

July 25, 2008 at 11:28 AM

Post a Comment