In the blink of an eye.  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in , ,

Today I had all intentions of coming to talk about the things that I have been up to. But the wind was quickly knocked out of me at 7am this morning when I went to facebook to send a message to a friend and someone had posted on her wall R.I.P. Confused I called another friend whose phone went to voicemail so I proceeded to call another friend who very calmly and matter of factly stated that "she Dead". At that time I was pissed. Pissed that I had not contacted Carissa when I was suppose to. Pissed that this other person just matter of factly said she dead like it wasnt a loss. I proceeded to call her aunt and found out that indeed she was killed in a Freak accident last night.


It's amazing how things can change in less than a second. Finished working at her summer job, this SGU student and her boyfriend were out. He lost control of the vehicle and ran into a pole. They came out and informed family what happened and was waiting. Another car coming from the opposite direction passed and the wires from the pole were ran over and it got into contact with the couple sending male into a tree and Carissa to heaven. :(


I met Carissa when she was still a student at Bishop's High School and a member of my dance company's junior group. She would annoy the HELL out of me. Slow and unsure of her serlf and her body, she wasnt one of the best dancers but that wasn't what got me upset with her. Carissa would just allow people to do her what they want. She was a bit shy, laid back and unassuming. But she was then 15 years old. Now at 18 and fully enjoying life with her school mates in Grenada, her boyfriend and her friends here. She was excited about everything that was to pass. Had all her nights planned out for the holidays. Was working and felt like an adult. Carissa had finally found herself and was quickly taken away. No one's fault. Though her grandmother insists that she was hard of hearing and should have been heading home, doesn't mean that her life would have been speared. In fact it was initially with that first accident.


R.I.P babygirl. I am happy that you were finally enjoying life. That you found yourself. You had struggles as a kid that not every kid has had to endure and you pushed through them and became an amazing, fun loving, hardworkingm encouraging, promising young lady. And I know you are now looking down on us with that big smile.


Today is trully a sad day for those who interacted with you. A loss that has most of us in total shock. But you are in a better place. I pray for guidance and strength for your family on friends left on this earth to mourn their loss.


R.I.P Carissa James!!







This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 4:14 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 Rambles

i didnt know her like you did...but its so scary and sad...
even when you told me earlier it made me think that maybe in wasting too much time being angry at people and just enjoy the fact that some of those around me ..want to be around me..
I'm sorry for your loss ..and her families...and everybody else..

July 15, 2008 at 7:26 PM
Anonymous  

This is really sad. Reading this sounds like a plot out of a Final Destination movie. OMG...I'm so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to her family, bf and friends. I don't know her but it is a sad way to go... :'(

July 15, 2008 at 9:52 PM

What is life.... i was so shocked when i got the news i couldn't believe it until i got it from a second source! I knew both parties her and her bf .... man this whole scenario has me so distraught.
BTW do u know when is the wake & funeral etc?

July 16, 2008 at 5:20 PM

so sorry Penze .... this is very sad .... she was so young ....

July 16, 2008 at 10:31 PM

lyonado wake is on Sunday at buccoo and the funeral is on Monday at St Andrews Anglican by the police station in town.

July 18, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Post a Comment