It's carnival Time!!  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in ,

No I'm serious. Yuh find i early nuh? But it's carnival time everywhere now. Bim carnival going on. Miami carnival coming up. Trinidad carnival coming up and technically the season has been opened with bands launching already. And I'm upset.

This will be my 2nd carnival NOT playing mas for Trinidad but my first missing it for a few years. And it hurts my heart. Yuh laughing? You have to understand I am a die hard carnival person. I lived from one carnival to the next. My mother used to start walking around with her finger in her ears from Septemebr morning because I started my carnival rants. I got everybody involved. My best friend used to have to endure the lines for registration (something he HATED but had no choice), my aunt had to endure going to drop of more money, going to Samaroos to buy stones, and sometimes going to collect mi costume on carnival Friday. Everybody had to see what costume I was going to be playing in to help with accessories. I was also the planner for my friends and families for the week. I sat down and organized where and how we going, who had to get tickets, when money had to be in by. I having a carnival tabanca and it's not even 2009 yet.

What is making matters worse is these ever so early band launches. Why they want to be showing me costumes soooo early up to break my heart? And they have all been hot costumes. Not some shitty ones to make me be happy I not playing.

If was playing this year though Spice probably would be one of my top contenders to play with. (I haven't seen my band yet, so I can say this now.) Spice has some NICE costumes. And I am not one for plenty on my costume eh. I hate headpieces and not just for carnival. I doh like nothing on mi head. But I find I leaning towards those big headpieces so far that launch. I love sexy costumes too. And Spice has had all that. I love these.


See the rest of Spice Costumes.

Evolution is another band that has launched in this early movement. And their costumes too are actually good. Though they had some mishaps last year that may have some people weary, their costumes surely will pull some followers. I'm liking this white costume and this other one which reminds me a bit of my IP costume Jewel of the Nile.



See Evolution Costumes.

Then there's Kaotic and Tribe launches tonight and there's still IP and D'Krewe, Trini Revellers, Harts, and the list goes on. Arrgghh... it's sending me crazy. And that's just Trinidad.

I'm patiently and excitedly waiting on Miami carnival and my band vibrationzz to launch. This will be my first Miami carnival for a while. Though I know it cannot compare to my trek in Port of Spain, I hope it will be a good especially since my girl of girls Etts would be coming to meet me from Canada to play mas on the road. (And hopefully a few others.. I said I was the carnival planner here). And they launch soon. So I have my own carnival excitement to experience.

As the season continues and more bands launch here's to more beautiful costumes, more excitement and less bashing this year. Ha!

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 26, 2008 at 10:30 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Rambles

Post a Comment