Gift Getting!!  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in

I love to get gifts. Who doesn't right? Today a friend got me a gift. No it's not my birthday. I didn't celebrate anything in fact. It was a "just because gift". And to me that's the best kind. Not that I don't enjoy the birthday, Christmas, valentine's day, anniversary gift. Coming to think about it though, I only get gifts at Christmas, anyway I going off topic here.

But the best gift is a gift that someone thinks about you and buys. I hate people giving me money and saying "here, go buy yuhself something". Ok... I lie. Lol. I don't mind you doing that but I prefer a gift that someone has taken the time to think about what they think I would like and they go out and get it. Nervous with anticipation about my reaction, they come just as excited as I am when they present it to me saying "I got you a gift". I love opening/unwraping/taking out the present and being in full joy. 80% of that joy is that they thought about ME and who I am and that I was special enough in their life for them to get me something and the other 20% is that they hit ME on the head and got me the Puuurefect Gift. Oh Joy!!!

Finding that Puuuurefect Gift for me isn't that hard either. I'm not hard to please and I fall into many categories. I love electronics, I love books ( I read everything that has words), I love jewelry (wooden ones), and I love shoes. A vast area to fall into to get me a gift. So it's not that hard. For my birthday/Christmas I usually compile a list of the top three things I want anyways, so surprise me and pick one and get it.

That's the next major thing. The surprise part. My mother can tell you, she always has to make sure that on Christmas morning she has something for me below the tree. She can buy me 100 things before the day but you see the day, I MUST have a present to unwrap. A surprise gift is always a good thing. Again it makes you cherish the person who decided, without your pushing and nudging to get you something.

So to good friends. Who know when a present is needed to lift your mood. To good friends who really pay attention to the people who care about them. To good friends who are willing to take the time out of their schedule for others. THANKS!!!!


P.S Yes I know I didn't mention what I got....Does it really matter??

This entry was posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 at 7:37 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 Rambles

Yay gifts
I wanna gift too, lucky thing

February 12, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Post a Comment