Ode to Nessa!!!  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in ,

So today I wanted to take the time out to thank a very very good friend of mine. How long have I known Nessa? We ran into each other when I started my website in 2004. She knows me sister and we have a lot of people in common but this was our encounter. Something of which I am very happy for.

Vanessa is probably the only person who talks to me for more than five minutes. lol. Well besides my mother and my sister and Justin. What do we talk about? The most arbitrary stuff. From what's bothering us today to dum shit we find on the internet. In fact she sent me that email about why some women stay single. And at the right time too from a tough week. She never has to rush off after five minutes, or has never made me know that she's rushing off. I've been rushed off for laundry, for lunch, for soccer, for sleep. I've been "later"ed for movies, for washing the car, for shows and food. Vanessa always seems to find time to talk to me. Makes me important enough to let me know that she has to rush in and out to cook AND talk to me. Oh no... one time she had a conference call and couldn't talk to me on the phone. But she has double talked to me on conference calls other times so I guess that cancels out.

She has given me soooo much support. Has helped me through so many tough decisions and tough moments. Especially in the last few months. If I have a problem I know I can count on vanessa. Not just count on her to LISTEN to me, but I can count on her NOT to judge me for my decisions. She will either agree or disagree but won't ever tell me my decision is WACK.

She respects me. A factor that I think is fast becoming lacking with the people in my life and me. She accepts me FULLY for who I am. Knows when I need space to think, knows when it's time to step in and kick me in the ass to move.

The good thing is that I think we are the same kind of people. Loving, caring, yearning for TRUE people in our lives, respectful of each other, understands that no one is perfect, hates people who judge you because of your decisions and just wants good, true loving people around them.

Nessa has become my other big sister. Before I can say "I need..." she's ready to say "how can I help". I remember I was telling her about my laptop dying the other day and before the story was done she was online searching for a laptop. Another time I was trying to buy a bag for a present for someone and it wasn't processing. Here I was showing her what I was doing, as usual, then I get an email saying "it's been ordered"!

We have shared a lot. *remembers after surgery email* lol. We have created a relationship that I don't even have with my bigger sister. A relationship that I know I won't want to jeopardize for ANYTHING. Especially as in a few weeks, I step into unknown territory on shakey ground, I will need all the support I can get.

*Wipes tears* So today is my "I love Nessa" day. Thanks for everything. Words not enough to say how much I appreciate you being in my life. Taking the time to spend time with me, even though we're miles apart. Thanks for understanding and listening without judging especially these days when other people seem to just be judging me for what I do. Thanks for supporting me with school. Thanks for sharing advice, thanks for the late night laughs. Thanks for the popcorn, rofl. Thanks for loving me unconditionally.


*waits to get the cuss!! LoL *

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 3:33 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 Rambles

OK. I am officially in tears here. It has been an amazing 4 years. Here's to many more years of true, unconditional friendship. Now hurry up and shorten dem miles between us...LOL

P.S. No cuss tonight

February 24, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Post a Comment