Dreams...  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in

So my dream came through. No not the one with the guy and the ice cream. Hmmm. The one with immigration. Well it kinda came true.

I decided to dress like a casual traveler. (Well so I thought. My friend now telling me I looked like a real congo bongo. I dunno why he didn't tell me that before I left. Steups). Jeans, kitten heels, a tshirt, sweater and my hair in plaits. Cute! (Sarcasm) Everything was fine in Trinidad. Nobody pulled me out for "random" searching. I quickly went through check in, security and boarded. Joy!! (Not Sarcasm)

On arriving at Miami International the fun began. I was accosted by sniffer dogs. Good thing I didn't get that pommceythere from Lyselle. She sniffed my bag and moved on. Good. Wait. She's back. Oh lawd now they turning me back. I here bussing my brain as to what I had in there. She leaves. Sigh.

"Step out the line please"

What the hell, this really happening? Then I see a male step out. Whew. Saved by Mr. Looks like he's got heroine.

I proceed.

Immigration Officer #1 takes my documents. Looks, pauses, looks, pauses and the flicking red light comes on. Urgh! Not again (and again, and again and...) He proceeds to ask me "what usually happens?" *rolleye* I didn't even bother to answer. At this moment I'm thinking that silver goes well with my outfit. Ha! I got them!! USIS you can't mess with my style!!

Immigration Officer #2 takes my documents and proceeds to ask me a barrage of stupid questions. Is this your first time in the US? Are you going to school? How long now? Do giraffes fly? Do I look cute in... Ok Ok I lying bout the last two but after those first set of questions I totally zoned out. I was put to sit. Immigration Officer #3 informs Officer #2 that there is an update remark on my profile, so let her go. Officer #2 insists I must sit longer and decides he must do what Immigration Officers do, order donuts call the help desk to explain caps lock on vs caps lock off. WTF! Unfortunately, 20 minutes later the only silver bracelet I left with was one delicate one given to me as a birthday present.

On to customs now to give them an excuse why I have 3 chicken hams in my bag!!!

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 at 11:41 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Rambles

Post a Comment