As I get older  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in

I realise today that somethings aren't even worth wasting time over. Some people just won't get it and don't plan to try to get it. I made a vow to stay away from drama and people who like to create it. I have no energy for that anymore. It may seem like a coward decision but the less people try to create unnecessary things for me to deal with the better. Life is too short for the ish. On Friday it was said that I should have gotten on like an ass when my ex wanted to pretend he was more than ex, but I didn't even see it worth the energy. He was not going to stop and knowing him he would have gotten on more assish than I would have and I hate public drama. But the exes seem to be out in full reign these rounds. I guess they have to loose me to see me for who I am. Hmm.

As for those folks who still around but can't seem to take me for who I am and appreciate it. Your time is quickly running out. For the rest of my life I'm trying to only have good folks around me. Those who know what please and thank you means. What spending time with people you love is. What thinking how what you do can affect others is. What friendships, relationships and love mean.

Time works in this weird way. You get so upset at it when it seems to be moving too slow, or too fast or even not at the right time. You doubt it, curse it. Time, I realise, works best as it is. It allows you to see things for what they are. Allows you to learn who people are. Through time, I have been able to save myself some extra heartache and earn some more love for some people and somethings in my life. With time I have grown and decided that I have made the best choices for me with some things, to date. Time has also made me realize that somethings I think I wanted a year ago I am so not ready for or isn't the right thing for me. Time has allowed me to broaden my horizons, my emotions, my feelings, my heart. With time and age I have learnt to lower my expectations for some people that I had high expectations for.

As I get older I realise that happiness is the bottom line. And what you had painted for your happiness may not be the thing that makes you happy. Or the person. As I get older I have become calmer, hate the "fast life" and the fakeness that accompanies it. As I have gotten older I've learn't that with time what is for me will appear and take me by the hand.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 at 7:26 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Rambles

Post a Comment