Selflessness  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in ,

That was the main thing about my uncle that I adored. He put his family before himself ALWAYS. And his family wasn't just his kids but encompassed his nieces and their mothers. Uncle Claude embodied what I want in a husband. And I always say I hope that the person I meet puts me as their top priority as he did. He would always make sure that we got what we wanted or he assisted us in the process of attempting to get it. He would try his hardest to help out, even if it meant hurting his back to do it. If I was on one end of the earth and he was on the other and I needed a ride he would come. I would have to wait forever cause he does drive reaaaaal slow, but he was coming. Don't make a mistake and mention that you want to do something, he was going to go ahead and try to get it done. If he couldn't do it, he would get someone to do it for you. With no regrets, no pay back waiting for.

Sigh. Uncle Claude and I had this off kinda relationship from early. We butted heads because he couldn't understand why I always wanted my mother when I had 6 other cousins around me that I could hang out with . Yes I was a mommy's girl. And I would BAWL for hours i she wasn't with me. One time she had to go out so we were bundled to Milford Court to spend the time with my other cousins. everybody else ran into the house all ready to play in whatever form they choose. Me, I stood by the gate screaming my lungs out as the car pulled away. Uncle Claude tried to calm me down then after a while and getting upset he tells me "well you stay dey and cry till she come back" and he walks inside. Uhm, 10 minutes after I was inside. Lol. But it's weird for me. Me playing with my cousins results in something. Either I get in trouble or somebody starts to bleed or both.

Over the years and with a few run ins because my ideas just always wasn't his we created this friendship. He expected weirdness from me and I expected nothing but a "she's weird" reaction from him. In fact that's the reaction from most of my older family members. It's Renee. Lol. But Uncle Claude was encouraging, and helpful and soooo devoted to his wife. Always had a story to tell about his old police buddies. And though over the years his hip hasn't allowed him to run us down and clout us like he used to his voice alone would bellow you into fear or joy!! Ayyyeee... was his call everytime he came home. This is after calling to say he was on his way, finding out if anyone wanted anything and always happy to see us. He would see me everyday and I always felt like he hadn't seen me in years. Lol.

They talking about death certificate today and I keep having to think for who? Sigh. I remember he had this chair that we would always want to sit in and we would always get cuss for it. One of those lazyboys. We would fight to get it when he wasn't around and then they would be mad scamper when you hear the truck come to get out. And he would always know we were in it. I think he liked to see us scamper too. As to that truck. He was a machanic after he retired and always had a van driving. And a wrecker and we would always want to go on it. I think someone of his ran over my sister's foot. Lol. He would pack us up into the vans and everybody and the mommies would head on a beach day!! Sigh. Memories.

All the nastiness I've ever eaten was first with him turtle, alligator, somethings I am sure he never told me was what. All garage food! All cooked with love and compassion. Ah!!

You'll be surely missed Uncs. I hope you come back in somebody for me. Someone who would love me like you did Aunty Claudia, and your kids and us. Someone who would put me as top priority as you did. Someone who would be willing to love unconditionally after all these years. Someone who could cook a mean pot like you, cause yunno I love mi belly.

I love you!!

R.I.P Claude Joseph.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 at 11:00 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Rambles

Post a Comment