Mi Mammy!!  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in ,


Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my sister my best friend, but always my Mom.

My mother and I have always had a very good relationship. I cannot really quickly bring to mind any situations where we have fallen out soo greatly that I wished she was not my mother. She has been my confidant, my strength, my guidance, my level head in so many situations and I thank God for the type of relationship that we have and continue to have.

My grandmother died when my mother was 4 years old. My grandfather had been blind before that and wasn't much of a caretaker to my mom and her other 9 siblings. As a result she, my aunt and 2 other uncles were shipped to my great aunt's house. The others were old enough to fend for themselves. I think my mother wanted to make sure that her presence was felt in our lives as much as her mother's was missed from hers.

She has never missed a beat with my life. I tell her everything. Well mostly...lol. The most minute incident of chipping my nail polish to the most major life changing moment, my mother has been present. She has been at my first dance class at 3, my first professional performance at 6, my first tennis lesson at 7, my national tournaments till 18. She has been to my track meets, my netball games, my fashion shows, graduations. Been my water keeper on carnival Monday and Tuesday, my banker, loaner, instigator, defense. Every time my best interest at heart. She has always been a part of any experiment I wanted to do. Encouraging me once it didn't consist of me piercing anywhere, marking anywhere or blowing up her house. When I thought I failed she showed me ways that I didn't. I may not have made my goal but she made me feel like I won the trophy.

We both have been very honest with each other. It's hard to not be when I tell her everything. (Well mostly). The things I don't tell my mother are the thngs I know she would take care of and not ask me what I want. If I had told her at 16 that my then boyfriend had cheated on me, I know that she would have resorted to finding him and dealing with him (Not that it happened but just an example lol). She has been there for me in my weakest of moments and I think so have I. We have spent a lot of time together. My cousins used to say I was her hip. Her co workers still say I am.

Don't get me wrong. We have had our share of misunderstandings. One time she decided to embarrass me in high school for some shoes. She still doesn't understand that my medication controls me a lot of times and that I can't help it. She sometimes doesn't understand that I am 29 yrs old and not her 16 yr old. We argue and make up. But we do understand that we can say how we feel about things and though we may not agree we have enough respect to understand.

I would not be who and where I am without her. I am truly happy that I have taken from her the respect, honest, courtesy that she has taught over the years. I cherish our relationship tremendously. Words cannot cover how I feel. I pray that our relationship continues in the same vein it has been going in and that one day I would be able to return the actions to my mother as she has done for me. I love you!!







This entry was posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 at 2:33 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Rambles

Post a Comment