Weary Actress  

Posted by Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness in

I am soooo tired...
Tired of laughing
Tired of trying
Tired of crying, cringing, always, always hurting.I am such a good actress that no one
Knows when I'm joking
No one knows the real me
I'm always pretending
Always trying to be.

Right now I'm weary
I have lost all my tears
All my fears... Not!
They have not dissipated
They have just been covered
By the glamour, the glitter ... the pain

Who am I?
What am I?
Nobody takes me for who I really am
Everybody wants me to be their actress
Everybody wants to be the Director of the show
But haven't I progressed enough to become my own?
Haven't I earned the role?

Time is passing and I haven't gotten old
No longer do I have the energy to fight
To let you know that I need to be acknowledged for who I AM
Not what you see, or hope for me to be
No longer do I think it is possible to defend
I have given up ...
And it hurts.

I was rewarded, but
Complacency was not one of my goals
But I have accepted it with all the glamour and glitter that accompanies it
Will I, the weary one, be able to go on...

How would you ever know?
I have been acting all my life, haven't I?
But I don't think I can go on...
Right now I am just tired. SIGH!!

"I wish you could step back from that ledge my friend
You could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in
And if u do not want to see me again
I would understand" - Third Eye Blind

This entry was posted on Saturday, May 17, 2008 at 2:05 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 Rambles

Post a Comment